Taste Labs provide product guidance for new food products and reformulations.
- Three structured Focus Group Discussions are conducted in one day.
- In each group discussion, target group respondents try one formulation:
- They rate this product using a formal questionnaire with rating scales on key attributes. They then discuss the product qualitatively.
- Respondents then try a second, then a third formulation, each time repeating the process of rating and discussing the product.
- Then respondents create the Ideal Product, combining the best characteristics of each formulation (eg. the sweetness of formulation 1, the colour of formulation 2, etc.)
- This ideal product is then discussed in terms of usage, substitution, and its place in the respondents' portfolio of foods/snacks.